Healthy eating is a wonderful thing for your body, mind and heart. We have more energy and clarity when we eat healthy every day. You can make delicious and nutritious meals with a little planning. We hope you enjoy our tips.
1. Superfoods: A green protein shake packed full of delicious, nutritious fruits and vegetables. Start the day with at least 1-3 servings of fruits or vegetables. A delicious, high-protein meal replacement shake is a great way to start the day. We found an excellent online health food store. Our protein shake is loaded with 15 grams of protein and other vitamins & minerals. Add 8 oz. Add 8 oz. of 1% or 22% milk to a blender. Next, add 1-2 tablespoons ground flax seed and 1 packet of your favorite protein shake. Blend. Add 1-2 cups fresh or frozen spinach (a good source of iron), strawberries, raspberries and blueberries to the mixture. Blend. This delicious tasting shake is so smooth it’s great for your health! Enjoy
2. Low-fat Alternatives: This is a great way to find low-fat options. You can use vegetable like zucchini or capsicum (red yellow green peppers), stuffed with flavorings such as minced white meat chicken, minced white meat chicken, fresh herbs and tomato. Bake until bubbly, then top with fresh toasted breadcrumbs and broil until the top is lightly browned. Do not turn your back on broiler!
3. You can skip the mayonnaise. Low-fat yogurt blended with Dijon Mustard is a great alternative to mayonnaise. This creamy, tangy yogurt is a great substitute for high-fat mayonnaise.
4. Fresh Organic Foods: Learn about nutrition and which foods are healthy for you. Make healthy recipes. A great place to start is to eat a variety of organic fruits and vegetables from your garden. Try new fruits and vegetables every day. You should eat them fresh, and in season. Allow the flavors to explode on your tongue, and you will be amazed at how delicious each one tastes.
5. You can boost your metabolism by eating little but often. Don’t skip meals. To get your metabolism moving, eat something within an hour of waking up. Breakfast literally means “breaking your fast”, when your body has been sleeping. You can’t eat meals that are low in calories. Your body will slow down your metabolism to conserve energy. This happens when you have a limited supply of fuel.
6. You can boost your iron intake by adding fresh parsley, spinach and palm hearts to your meals.
7. You can make delicious salads right from your garden. Add chopped celery, cucumbers, sliced red beets and sliced fennel to give it some crunch. Make a dressing of 1/4 cup olive oils, 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar and 1-2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard. Add 1-2 Tablespoons orange marmalade to the salad. Season with light salt, black pepper, and a mixture of light salt, brown sugar, and black pepper. Blend all ingredients in food processor. You can make it creamier by adding fat-free yogurt.
8. Get up and move before dinner. Our bodies slow down during the day. It is best to exercise 8 hours after you wake up. To increase your metabolism, you can do 30 minutes of exercise before eating dinner. You will be amazed at how quickly you lose fat. This can be a great part of your weight-loss diet.
9. Reduce Sugar and Salt intake: Make sure you don’t add as much salt or sugar to your family’s favorite meals. You can use low-fat yogurt in place of cream. When you stir fry or fry, it is best to use olive or grape seed oil. Cook from scratch and not from a package. Talk to your doctor about the right amount of salt. We have replaced table salt with the lite salt mix found in spice isle. It has 50% less sodium than regular sea salt. This lite salt mixture is a combination of salt and potassium chloride with iodide, and a free-flowing agent. Persons on a sodium- or potassium-restricted diet should not use this mixture unless a doctor has approved. A great source of potassium.
10. Talk to Your Doctor: Before you embark on any weight loss program, it is a good idea. You must ensure that there are no medical issues that could prevent you from losing weight.
11. Enjoy your food. Take the time to savor every bite. Do not rush to eat. Your stomach will tell you when you’re full faster if you wait to eat. This communication takes time. Over time, your appetite will decrease.
12. Eat Small and Often: It is better to eat a variety of meals than one or two meals per day.
13. Reduce Oil Use: Instead of using oil in stir fries, you can use olive oil or grapeseed oil. You only need a little oil to make a great dish.
14. Don’t Over-Size: Did you know that one 2-liter Cola bottle contains 53 teaspoons sugar? Think about it: Would you really eat 53 teaspoonfuls sugar if you sat at the table?
15. You should eat the skin: Did you know that the majority of good ingredients in fruits and vegetables are just below the skin? Do not peel, scrape or remove any skins.
16. Natural Diuretic: This trick is great for your skin, and it is also a natural diuretic. A squeeze of lemon in warm water is a great way to kick start your metabolism before breakfast. It can also prevent constipation, and is great for your skin. Drink fresh-squeezed lemon water throughout the day.
17. You can also try other types of protein sources: Soya and tofu are great alternatives. Many vegetables, such as Lima beans or lentils, are rich in protein. Add them to your soups or casseroles.
18. Keep Motivated by a Friend or Club Member It is great to have someone to keep you on track with your weight loss journey. Even if you only check in on each other via the phone, it helps to keep each other motivated. Engage your spouse and children in the fun and exciting food experiences.
19. Snacks before bed: Your metabolism slows down at night. Do not eat anything less than three hours before going to bed.
20. Are you stuck for time? Do you feel stuck for time? Try a quick pasta or salad. These take only a few minutes to make. You can make your own Chinese take-out, or you can use the dough from a local Italian restaurant to make your own pizza. You can adjust the oil, salt, and add your healthy vegetables and lean meats.
21. Chile is a great way to increase your metabolism. Chili can be added to many recipes to help you burn fat.
22. Increase the use of egg whites: Did you realize that the yolk contains most of the egg fat? You can make omelets without the yolks or reduce the amount of whole eggs to reduce your fat intake. Fresh vegetables are a great way of adding more vegetables to your healthy diet.
23. Grow fresh herbs to create low-fat recipes: It’s fun, easy and rewarding to grow fresh herbs. You can add fresh herbs and spices into your recipes, as well as finding other options to white flour, baking soda and baking powder in your cookbook recipes. Fun to experiment. Make your own recipe from a base recipe.
24. This trick is a winner: Drop ice cubes in baking trays to remove the fat. The fat sticks to the ice-cubes.
25. Hot H2O: Have hot water every morning. Warm water will increase your calorie intake. You can also add some lemon juice to your hot water for an extra benefit.
26. Eat before you shop: When grocery shopping, eat before your go! Plan the meals and healthy recipes you will be eating each week. Stick to your grocery list. This will assist you in planning your meals and help you choose healthy foods that will promote weight loss or healthy eating habits. Avoid the temptations of sweets and salty snacks. An online store selling healthy snacks has been found that offers a wide range of healthy snacks, including a good balance of fat, carbs and protein.
These are just a few of the many things you can do to get in the habit of eating healthy and losing weight quickly.